CTX131172 – Hotfix ES540ServerWX64001 (Version 126.96.36.199) – For Citrix EdgeSight 5.4 Server x64
Link to x86 version: CTX131171 – Hotfix ES540ServerWX86001 (Version 188.8.131.52) – For Citrix EdgeSight 5.4 Server x86
Caution! This release may require you to edit the registry. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Citrix cannot guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
Where to Find Documentation
This document describes the issue(s) resolved by this release and includes installation instructions. For additional product information, see Citrix eDocs, the Citrix Product Documentation Library.
New Fixes in This Release
Uploading the payload results in the following error message due to the violation of primary key constraint:
“Cannot insert duplicate key in object ‘dbo.ctrx_session_autoreconnect’.”
When Worker 101 (Performance Upload) and Worker 2 (Database Maintenance) run at the same time, an upload is attempted even though the database is not available. Although the status of Worker 101 is displayed as successful, this situation results in the following payload error:
“Invalid payload, no ENV data found”
When exporting the Session Counts report to Microsoft Excel, the exported data displays “#Value!” in the peak columns.
If multiple users connect to different XenApp servers and are assigned the same session id by the terminal server, the payload from one XenApp Server can overwrite the principal id of the other XenApp Server, resulting in incorrect EdgeSight report data.
Users can run the “Assets for a Device” report against devices for which they do not have user permissions.
If the initial attempt to upgrade a server from EdgeSight Version 5.2 to Version 5.3 or later fails, an error might occur when making subsequent upgrade attempts. The following error message appears in the MSI log:
“Error -2147217900: failed to execute SQL string, error detail: Ambiguous column name ‘appid’., SQL key: SchemaPost530″
Running any of the following reports on Version 5.4 of EdgeSight Web server (Version 184.108.40.20607 or earlier) in the EdgeSight database might generate errors messages:
- Process Errors
- Process Errors for a User Group
- Process Faults
- Process Faults for a User Group
The following error messages are observed:
- An error occurred during the client rendering
- An error has occurred during the report processing (rsProcessingAborted)
- Cannot read the next data row for the dataset edgesight (rserrorreadingnextdatarow)
- Arithmetic over flow error converting expression to data type int
This occurs when the ID generated by the alert table (alert ID) exceeds the maximum integer value (2147483648).
Fixes from Replaced Hotfixes
No hotfixes were replaced by this release.
Installing This Release
- This version is packaged as a .zip file containing the replacement EdgeSightServerx64.msi file and Setup.exe file. For more information about deploying msi files, see Microsoft article 884016 or visit the Microsoft Web site and search on keyword msiexec.
- To install this version successfully, servers must not have registry modification restrictions in place.
To install this version:
- Copy the file to a shared folder on the network.
- Extract the compressed file and save the EdgeSightServerx64.msi file and Setup.exe file on the computer you want to update.
- Run the Setup.exe file.
- Restart the computer if prompted to do so.
If it does not exist already, this will add a new entry, Citrix EdgeSight Server, to the Add/Remove Programs list.
This document applies to: