Green, the Green Economy, Green-collar jobs…
Green is in the news a lot lately. Its importance has risen as the economy has slowed and the promise of various virtualization technologies to be “green” or allow a company to be greener has fired up the marketing wings of the companies that sell these technologies. There are also a lot of ROI and savings reports that come along touting the economic advantages of virtualization. A recent article by Virtualization Rock Star Brian Madden notes the hidden costs of VDI, which can be applied to any virtualization endeavor.
So, you run a Citrix farm and provide access to remote users. Did you know that you’re contributing to the green economy and saving your users and company money? I intend on showing you how to mesh your user login information along with average costs and savings for telecommuting and displaying the results in a dashboard in real-time.
I’m planning on covering this series in 5 posts:
- Part 1 – Using scripts to gather external logins to the Citrix Farm
- Part 2 – Gathering average telecomuting statistics
- Part 3 – Calculating savings and costs
- Part 4- Displaying how Green your Citrix farm is in real-time.
- Part 5 – Results and Conclusion