Note: This post concerns Storefront 2.6
While testing 2 users logging into a desktop and having a different experience (regular user vs. admin), I was perplexed on the behavior of Storefront.
This isn’t your father’s Web Interface
I logged in as one user and launched a desktop. When I signed out of Storefront, in order to sign in as a different user, my virtual desktop immediately disconnected. I had run across the behavior before when using Web Interface, but was hard pressed to find an equivalent setting in the Storefront GUI to fix it.
After digging through Citrix edocs I found: To configure workspace control.
- Open web.config under C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Citrix\storenameWeb\
- Find the line containing:
<workspaceControl enabled=”true” autoReconnectAtLogon=”true” logoffAction=”disconnect” showReconnectButton=”false” showDisconnectButton=”false” />
- Change the value of logoffAction to one of the following settings:
- disconnect (default) – Disconnects user from applications and desktops
- terminate – Shut down user’s applications and desktops
- none – leave sessions running and active after Storefront log off.
- The article details other settings, namely if you set showReconnectButton and showDisconnectButton to true, you will get those options in a drop down for your users (similar to Web Interface).