EdgeSight for NetScaler relies on HTML injections to gather user data. NetScaler 9.3 has a built-in wizard that you can run to configure it to work with EdgeSight for NetScaler. For previous versions of NetScaler, refer to the following CTX article:
CTX126862 – How to Configure a NetScaler Appliance for EdgeSight for NetScaler – Citrix Knowledge Center.
The new version of EdgeSight for NetScaler 2.1 was released 7/21/2011. You can get it here (mycitrix login required).
I’m setting up the new EdgeSight for NetScaler 2.1 and need to add my NetScalers to it. Here’s a quick step-by-step on adding a NetScaler.
Log into the Web Console and Click on the Administration tab:
Expand Company Settings, then Server, then click on Device Management. Then click the New Registration button.
The fields you need are the NetScaler Name, the NetScaler SYS.IID, the NetScaler IP address, and the fully qualified domain name.
The NetScaler name is just a identifier for the console. The NSIP address is just the main IP for the NetScaler. The FQDN is your full domain. The SYS.IID is less obvious however. You will have to access the command-line interface of your NetScaler in order to get this number. The built-in help will walk you through how to find this information:
Once you fill in this information, your Data Collector will update and EdgeSight will begin collecting data.
I’m finally getting around to installing the new EdgeSight for NetScaler version 2.1. Here are the prerequisites you will need to get started.
NOTE: I’m installing this on a Windows 2008 64-bit server updated with August 2011 updates
From the documentation
- CPU: 2GHz (or better)
- Memory: 2GB of RAM recommended, 1GB of RAM required
- Disk: 2GB free space
- Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2003 SP1 or later. Both 32-bit and 64-bit systems are supported on all platforms
- Internet Information Services (IIS) 7.0 for Windows Server 2008
- Microsoft Message Queuing (MSMQ)
- Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator (MSDTC)
- Microsoft XML Parser 3.0
- Windows Script 5.6 or higher
- .NET Framework 2.0 SP1
- SQL Client Add-On Tools, including SQL-DMO objects.(if Web server and database server are on different machines)
Reported by the Installer
- SQL Server Client Tools Requirement
- Operating System Requirement
- IIS Feature Requirement
- Role Services
- Static Content
- Default Document
- ISAPI Extensions
- ISAPI Filters
- Windows Authentication
- Ensure that the following Management Tools are selected under Role Services for the Web Server:
- IIS 6 Management Compatibility
- IIS 6 Metabase Compatibility
- IIS 6 WMI Compatibility
- IIS 6 Scripting Tools
- IIS 6 Management Console
- Microsoft .NET 2.0 SP1 Runtime Requirement
- MSMQ Requirement
- Add Features: Message Queuing -> Message Queuing Services
- MSXML Requirement
- Windows Script Host Requirement
After adding the above components…